Yesterday we were invited to go to the free movie with some friends. Apparently every summer there is a free movie each week that you can go see during the day. Yesterday was the movie The Incredibles. We were running a tad late and my friend called me to tell me the movie just started and she was saving us seats and to look for her. Luckily we were walking in from the parking lot so I said we'd be right there.
When we walked in the theater I couldn't see a thing. I mean NOTHING!!! So I called her on her phone thinking maybe she could give me some sort of direction. I knew if I could just get close to her I could see well enough to find our seats. Instead of answering she just held up he phone so I could see the lights. Yes! I started heading in that direction with my three kids and my mom (Kennedy had 4H) .
As we got closer none of us could see ANYTHING. NOTHING!!! I mean I could hear her talking right at my face and I could not even see her. So I told her, "we can't even see in here, I mean I am BLIND, where should we go?". She said that there were 4 seats behind her and a couple isle seats. So we are all feeling our way around for the seats behind her. I'm thinking,'If I can just sit down, I could even put a kid on my lap until my eyes adjust'. I even tried to use my cell phone for a light but it didn't even help at all. So here we are feeling for the four seats but there were only two so my entire family goes along groping the poor people as they are trying to watch the movie and we are saying,"Where am I? Where are you? Is that you? OH! SO SORRY."
Eventually as children start calling out, "I found a seat!" I just said "Stay where ever you are until your eyes adjust, just sit ANYWHERE!" My eyes were trying to focus so hard I could literally feel my pupils quivering. It took about 15 minutes for me to be able to see anything and after about 30 minutes I was just dying to realize that everyone could see us totally clearly. We must have looked soooooo stupid. I realized after my eyes adjusted that my cell phone light would have been terribly bright to anyone who's eyes had already adjusted, which was basically everyone else in the theater. By the time our eyes were all adjusted and I could see well enough to all sit together I was too embarrassed and I didn't want to cause anymore ruckus so we all just sat apart for the entire movie.
Overall, I think a free movie is a great idea anytime my only recommendation is DON'T GO LATE!!!
By the way, when we left my eyes wanted to sink into my head, the light outside once again made me BLIND!
Reminder - Spring 2018
8 years ago

7 comments:
You are so silly. I have loved reading your blog. Please keep going. I have loved all the blogs
Aunt Dee, it is good to hear from you. I am glad you are keeping in touch. You should start your own blog and let us know what goes on in your neck of the woods.
GREAT POST! I can totally imagine it happening. Hahahahahahahahhaahahahahahah! I am laughing out loud thinking about it.
Have you seen the Mythbusters where they figured out that pirates wore eye patches not because their eyes were poked out, but to help them see when they went down into the dark hold of the ship. They just flipped up the patch when they went into the dark, and the eye that was covered by the patch was already adjusted to the dark! So next time you are late for the movie, just put on an eye patch when you leave the house and then you'll be able to see out of that eye when you get there!
tee hee... I am still laughing... snort!
dang I keep forgetting to check the dumb little email box thingy. uh. Hi.
Lisa,
Surely that will save me some embarassment the next time I go to a daytime movie. I will just wear a pirates eye patch. You are so smart, you think of everything. Maybe you can go with me and we can walk in together with our eye patches. Heck put on one the whole family. Boston would look adorable in an eye patch
Hey all my great ideas come from Mythbusters. I can't take any credit for myself. Truly, the secrets of life can be found on the Discovery Channel.
As an alternative to the very stylish eye patches, you might try a little
Vitamin A, I've been told that it helps with the night vision adjustment. Just trying to help you avoid this most embarrassing groping problem in the future. We wouldn't want it to become a habit.
You crack me up!!:^) I forgot about the free movie thing....is it always on Thursday?
Post a Comment