Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"Dude" I own that word

In our crazy family we all have words that we "own". This means, it is a word that you use a lot. It can also be used in a sentence at random, depending on the word. For example, my word is "dude". I say this word about 20 times a day...or more. I love that word. I call my kids "dude", I shout it out when I am excited about something "DUDE!". I use it when something crappy happens,"dude" (said very calmly). Kennedy has morphed it into "dude no dude" said with a valley girl accent. Sort of like, "way no way". So my word is "dude".

Boston's word is "booger". He just shouts it out at random. Sometimes he calls someone it but mostly just says it just to be funny. "booger! That's my word"

Scottlynn's word is "freakishly". As in "Mom. This dinner is freakishly delicious" "Thank you"

Kennedy's word is "Peeps". "Peeps" is not refering to those nasty, sparkly yellow marshmallows you eat, or rather throw away, at Easter. This would be used in place of the word 'people' or when referencing people. For example: "All you peeps come in here" or " I just love you peeps"

Boston says,"Hey look all you peeps...I mean, look all you boogers. Hee hee hee."

Christian's word is a sort of three way tie. He wants it to be "burnage" and he uses that one quite a bit, but his biggest words are "actually" and "technically". This is mainly because he is a 12 year old boy who knows EVERYTHING. I might say, "Isn't the blue water beautiful?". And he would follow it up with, "technically, the water is clear and is simply reflecting the blue sky". "Oh right"."Burnage" would be used when Christian is right about anything, he would shout out,"Burnage!"

Gary's word is the mother of all words, that right, "BARCALOUNGER"

Barcalounger: From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A Barcalounger is a type of recliner made in the United States of America. It was introduced by the Barcolo Manufacturing Company of Buffalo, NY which eventually became the Barcalounger Company. The chairs are currently produced in North Carolina.



This is a barcalounger, and that little handle to put up the foot rest up is a "barcathrottle". This word is almost never used in it's proper form in our house and yet it is said quite often. For example, "Dad? What are we doing today?" "BARC ALOUNGERRRRRR!!!" Notice that little pause after the "barc"? That is important for effect.

So what are your words? If you haven't picked one yet, you really should. Feel free to take one of ours.


5 comments:

Amberlyn said...

I want to own a word!!! Sounds like so much fun!!!

I claim FABULOUS as my word.

This post is Fabulous!!!!

Funny Farmer said...

I own all words, but I am magnanimous enough to let other people borrow them. I need a really good one for my very own. Hmmm... what word do I say most? I do use "dude" a lot. "Sa-WEET!" is probably my happy word of choice. But the word I mutter the most, I am sorry to say, is probably "crap". Dork is pretty high up there too. Hmmmm... must think on this.

Barcalounger is so... strange. Funny, but strange in a slightly disturbing way.

Randi said...

Haven't noticed if my kids "own" any words...hmmm...will have to pay attention more. As for myself, I own a couple not-so-savory words which I'm trying to DISown, and I call my parents my "Parental-units" or "units" for short. And I LOVE, love, LOVE the word "issues". Example: "Dave, are you having 'issues'?" And he just LOVES when I use that too! ;)

peacekeeper said...

one of my words that i own is UFF-DA...like i feel so old that when i get up from sitting i say uff-da. or if i do something retarded. i even have a plate that says my word...how cool is that. you should go to that paint-your-ceramic-and have it fired-place and make plates or cups or something with your word on it. i like all of your words. i agree with lisa...i think one of my common ones that i dont want on a plate is :crap: need to work on that one;)

Funny Farmer said...

It is true - I have seen peacekeeper's Uff-DA! plate. Hill. Air. Eee. Us. I love the idea of having those words on your plates and cups! Now I must come up with a really great yet still socially acceptable word.

I wish I were cool like all the awesome people I know and love. Working on that...