Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ahhhh the peace.

Okay, that may be a mean title but seriously my house was so quiet today. I cleaned and it actually STAYED clean. Boston got to watch Playhouse Disney which he has not been able to watch for 3 months due to bossy older siblings. My friend came over for the day and we worked on some projects together and had a delicious lunch of macaroni and cheese with Boston. (That sort of sounded like Boston was the side dish...hm, that's not what I meant.) Okay mac-n-cheese is kind of gross but Boston loves it and his vote is the only one that mattered today. I was thrilled when they got home and that feels good to be thrilled that they are home. Here are their cute pictures before the first day of school.



Here they are worshiping the perfect strawberry from our garden. What weirdo's

Ahhhh, happy Boston. Free to do whatever the heck he wants!

3 comments:

Jennifer Lomenick said...

Glad you enjoyed the peace. Today was the first day for Jeremy to be gone all day and I missed him! Boston must be loving to pick out everything that he wants to do.

Funny Farmer said...

I love my kids and we have a lot of fun together, but the blessed peace that permeates the house when school starts is truly a beautiful thing. The kitchen sink stayed empty all day! I could complete a coherent thought because there was no one asking a bazillion questions or quarreling!

And tomorrow... more quiet! I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

Amberlyn said...

I'm glad I am not alone in the feeling of "ahhhh, silence" when school starts.

Kids are great, and school is great.