Sunday, June 1, 2008

Scottlynn's Baptism

So I guess this is my first real entry. I still am not exactly sure how this works but here it goes.


Yesterday Scottlynn was baptized and it was amazing. She looked beautiful in her baptism dress. She cried nearly the entire time, as we all did because the spirit was so strong. I am just amazed that my third child is already old enough to be baptized. Scottlynn is a very special girl. She has a sweet spirit and is the kindest of all my children. She is always thinking of others and saying kind things. She is talented and beautiful. She definitely brings a calming spirit to our home.




Kennedy sang the opening song and here is a picture of the two of them together. She couldn't quite finish because she started to cry which then made us all cry. Aren't they just the cutest sisters ever? Her Grandma's gave the prayers. Aunt Sally gave a wonderful talk on baptism. Aunt Brooke sang the closing song and it was beautiful!








I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. I always think I am not going to cry but it never works. I am just so proud of my little girl for making such good choices. I love her so much!









Her dad did the actual dunking and got her all the way under on the first try. Way to go dad!









Her best friend Shaylin was even able to come all the way from Colorado! I was sure glad I got most of the pictures before the baptism as you can see there we some red eyes from all the crying. But it is all worth it to see your child feel the spirit so strongly that it overwhelms them.






Afterword, all the family came over for lunch and everyone wrote a letter to Scottlynn about the day.












Look at this sweet girl. How can you not just fall in love with her. Isn't she beautiful? I am blessed to have her as my daughter.

3 comments:

Funny Farmer said...

That girl's a cutie alright. Megan adores her and wowie can she dance!

Way to go Scottlynn!

Amberlyn said...

Congratulations Scottlynn!!! You look so beautiful!!!

And good job at the recital as well. You are so talented.

Great Post Amidey!!!! You are a natural at this!!!!

Rachel L said...

What a beautiful and sweet girl. That picture is amazing. I love that girl AND her mother.