Sunday, June 29, 2008

Camping up Nebo Loop


This weekend we left the big city life behind and decided to go camping. This is one of our favorite summer activities to do as a family. We went up Nebo Loop to Black Hawk campground. We went up Friday afternoon, set up camp and went fishing at Payson Lakes. We had fish, hot dogs and s'mores for dinner. Then we slept in our big tent. Saturday, we fished again, hiked up the mountain, made a quick trip to town for more ice, and had dutch oven potatoes and dutch oven chicken for dinner. It was DELICIOUS! A little more fishing and then bed. That night, Boston got two bloody noses and we were all tired. We all needed a bath but Boston especially so we packed up early and headed home.
Here are some pictures of the weekend.

3 comments:

Funny Farmer said...

Great pics! Love the field of yellow flowers.

Amberlyn said...

Amidey, you take some GREAT photos girl!!!

You guys look like you had a blast. I have never been to payson lakes and I think I need to drag my family up there!!!

Jennifer Lomenick said...

How fun! I should take our family and go camping more often. I just don't like all the work of getting there and then cleaning up. Being there is the best if I could just show up and have it there.

Cute pictures of everyone in the family.