Monday, June 16, 2008

the BEST tilapia EVER


I got this recipe from Amberlyn and it is sooooo yummy! She actually passed on the key lime pie recipe as well. Anyway, it is one of my family's favorites and several of my friends and family want the recipe so here it is.

It's a parchement packet. Inside you layer fresh slices red, yellow, orange bell peppers, red onions and fresh green beans. Sprinkle those with salt, pepper and rice wine vinegar. Layer the tilapia fillet ontop, sprinkle generously with asian style seasoning. There is an amazing mix from McCormick you can see in the background pictured below. Finally top the fish with lemon and orange slices. Fold the parchement into a packet and a bake in a 350 oven for 30 minutes. You will seriously be in heaven when you eat this dish. I am, and I can't wait to make it again and again. Amberlyn thinks you could also do this mexican style too. Add some chiptole seasoning (instead of asian) on top of the fish and then shred and add to a fried corn tortilla!!! YUM!!!!

Thanks Amberlyn!

In case you have never made a parchment packet as I had not you take two sides of the parchment up to the middle and start to fold them over and over in little folds until they meet the top of the food. Then you take one end and fold it in, in small folds until the last fold you make small diagonal folds in with the corners. Then repeat with the other side and it should stay. Man does that even make sense? Hopefully you all know how to fold it. If you really need help come over some time and I can show you, or call me and I can walk you through it. That or just slap some scotch tape on the darn thing!

2 comments:

Funny Farmer said...

So can I use the parchment over again or is it pretty much trashed after cooking this juicy stuff in it?

I'm making up my shopping list for tomorrow during swimming lessons. Yay!

Amberlyn said...

I'm so glad you love this recipe so much. It is easy peasy!!!

Feel free to share it with whoever you want!!!

BTW: you are doing a great job with your blog!!!