Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Grey hair already?

Okay, so I decided to go get my hair done...finally. You know, back to my original color...that is the color it was when I was 3 years old. So I go in feeling ready to look all cute and of coarse younger. I was sitting there in the chair telling my hairdresser how old my friend is because she has grey hair (even though I am the same age). Well, my hairdresser has the nerve to pluck out not one, but TWO wirey, scraggley, old grey witch hairs. That's right! She found TWO!!! So I saved them and took a picture for all of you. (a little hard to focus...sorry.)

It is crazy how fast you age and how unprepared you are for it. My oldest child will turn twelve this year and be receiving the priesthood as well as attending young mens. I can't call a girl in the ward to babysit because they are the same age as my son. How messed up is that? I know all of you who are older than me are saying,"Shut up!". But face it...you are old! I guess there is hope in being young at heart. Yeah right!

I tried too get a cute picture of my great hair but I am still in shock over the two grey hairs. I think I will finish up with Boston's favorite song.

I'm a mean old witch with my hat.

And I ride on my broom with my cat.

My chin is pointy and my nose is too.

You better watch out or I might scare you...boo!!!

6 comments:

Funny Farmer said...

Hilarious!

I remember when I found my first grey hair. I spent a good 15 minutes peering into the mirror looking for more - and I found them alright!

You may be in shock, but that photo shows off your true blue eyes. Just remember, keep smiling and people will look at your face, not your feet... er, gray hair! :D

Jennifer Lomenick said...

That is so funny. I love the picture.

That must be nice to have a babysitter at your house. Not so cool if you aren't ready to leave him for a long time.

It was good to talk to you today. We should do lunch or something.

I love your picture "jumping for joy". How cute is that?

Just Imagine Preschool said...

You crack me up!! Yes, the witch song was by far the preschool childrens favorite song! And no worries you are still a young chick!! :^)

Rachel L said...

I am NOT old! I am young...and so are you!!!!!! Please?

Wendy said...

HA! You still make me laugh my "old friend". I've been looking for my first Grey hair for a few years now... my younger sisters already have them... I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I won't find one! I Love the song.. I remember when Hailey and Kennedy sang it in Provo years ago at their "joy school" Halloween party... Man life changes. I too love having a 12 year old in my home to do some babysitting... I feel like I have a new Freedom... babysitters in NY want $10-$15/hr so that never happens :) Where have the years gone? It seems like not that long ago you were taking Christian and Faith to their first day of Kindgergarten! Hang in there and thank Heaven for hair coloring :)

OldBoatGuy said...

Young At Heart (Sinatra) may not be fast enough for clogging, that's what I am, and you can be too! We all need to be young at heart, and mind.