As you may notice I am posting rather early in the morning. This is because as a mother/dance teacher I am unable to sleep due to anxiety over my next project. Each year I have to find music for and choreograph about 30-35 dances. Now while so far it has turned out fairly well I always feel I am on the verge of crashing and burning. Being my 10th recital (having two a year plus a couple summers) I am in desperate need of finding new music. Now because I try to coordinate the costume for the entire year I have to plan for the Spring recital at the same time as fall, at least to the point of what song I am using. So for Christmas I need Christmas songs. Please be specific. For example please don't tell me to use Jingle Bells, instead say Jingle Bells by Barry Manalow or Jingle Bells by SheDaisy, in which case I have used both anyway. Clogging songs tend to be harder for me to find for some reason so anything with an up beat tempo would be appreciated greatly. For spring our theme is Changing the World. But hey, if you know any great dance song just tell me. I can get most songs to fit into the theme one way or another.
Reminder - Spring 2018
8 years ago

11 comments:
Being the lazy person that I am, I wondered if you have considered recycling any of the christmas songs from the first year you had a recital, particularly for your younger classes. Four years is a long time...
Is that the lamest thing you've ever heard? (it's okay to say yes)
I don't know what type of music or the tempo you need. I imagine something quick and ability to be creative would be a good idea. Here's my contribution
1--You're the one I want--from Grease (otherwise, be careful of any Grease songs--little risque).
2--Thank God I'm a country boy--John Denver
3--Can't go home-Bon Jovi with jennifer Nettles
4--Fatbottom girls (I've never actually checked out the lyrics--might want to consider that one) by Queen
5==White and Nerdy--weird Al--can you get Donny to show up???
6--Any song off of "Singles Ward" CD--some fun renditions of primary songs.
7--What about that song from Wicked? Popular? Is that it? Cute song from GAlinda.
Amidey, how about Singing in the Rain", Gene Kelly. That has a good beat, I can see old Gene dancing now!
My favorite Christmas CD is NSYNC "Home for the Holidays" They have several upbeat songs.
There could be several songs from Wicked such as "Dancing thru life".
I suppose you have already done the stand byes from Annie. "You're never fully dressed without a smile" is a great toe tapper.
Have you ever heard the sound track to the musical "A Year in the life of Frog and Toad" It was made from the books and the music is so cute. You might could check it out from the library.
Suessical is another great musical. Did you see it last summer in Spanish Fork? It was amazing. There are some good songs in that about changing the world.
That is all I can think of off the top of my head, but I will give it some thought.
I have seen the videos of several of your recitals. I think you do a fabulous job. If you ever move to Vegas give me a call.
BTW Pat is Lisa and Jessica's sister in law, just so you don't think some random lunatic is stalking your blog. It is just a lunatic related to your friends. :)
Thank you! There are several songs here I have never even thought of. I have at least a couple of days of researching them all and I am excited to see what will work. As you think of more feel free to leave another comment. Sometimes you are in the car or out somewhere and one just jumps out at you.
Jingle Bell Rock by Amy Grant*
Mr. Santa by Amy Grant* or Susy Bogguss
Hey Mr. Santa Claus by Team Galaxy
We Can Make A Difference by Jaci Velasquez (Heavenly Place album)
*I own these albums.
Pat a Pan, Mannheim steamroller, Christmas in the Aire Album*
Anno Domine, Trans Siberian Orchestra, The Lost Christmas Eve album
Wish Liszt (Toy Shop Madness), TSO, The Lost Christmas Eve album
O Holy Night, TSO, Christmas Eve and Other Stories
I Saw Momny Kissing Santa Claus by AAA
A Disney Channel Holiday Album
I'm not stalking you, really.
I am just listening to Howard Jones Greatest Hits, and there's lots of uplifting stuff on there, but I don't know if they are upbeat enough for clogging. Namely, What a Beautiful World, Lift Me Up, Things Can Only Get Better, Life In One Day, etc.
Sleigh Ride by Johnny Mathis has a nice Tempo to it.
In keeping with my farm theme:
Cotton Eye Joe by Rednex
The Chicken Dance Remix by Blue Man Group
:D
Post a Comment