Thursday, July 24, 2008

Please stand by for technical difficulties.

I would say I am fairly new to the blogging world and for the most part I love it. I love peeking into the lives of my family, neighbors, and friends as well as sharing a little window into our life. However, I am going crazy with all of the technical difficulties associated with blogging. I guess it's just something that comes along with working with computer anything.

Why is it whenever I try to make a post it messes up the spacing of the words with the pictures. Half the time my security center won't let me see a picture at all. Then the other day I decided I wanted to change my background and POOF there goes my blog roll, kids sidebar pictures, counter thingy, basically everything but my actual posts. Then by some miracle I find my blog roll but tonight I realize some people are missing from it. This happened to a good friend of mine and it gave me a complex for a whole day, wondering why she would remove me from her blog. I finally got up the nerve to ask her and she said, "oh! I guess it just jumped off my list." I'm thinking 'sure, right. Just tell me the truth. You have banned my blog for some reason. In some way it is offensive. What the heck is so offensive?'. But like a good girl I took her word for it and tried not to obsess and now I am worried that other people are worried I have REMOVED their blog from my blog roll. If you know you were on my blog roll or would simply like to be on my blog roll, please throw me a bone here and tell me to put it back on. If you are on here and would like to be removed, you should say so too, although I think that will give me a HUGE complex and I'm not sure I could ever look you in the eye again.

Ahem, back to blogging difficulties. I have another friend who's blog will not take comments. My initial thought was, 'Oh! She doesn't like to hear what other people have to say about her blog. That is weird. Is that some new child protective thing? Should I for some reason not have comments on my blog? Did I miss the memo on that?'. Then I asked her about it and found that she has a funny glitch that the company is working on where her account won't take comments. She hates it. Well, hates is a strong word but I know she is displeased.

I also have had problems getting to my layout page. I tried posting it on a help forum along with hundreds of other people. No one ever responded with any help and then it just fixed it's self when I restarted my computer. It does it every once in a while with no rhyme or reason.
Why is there no spell check in the comment box and why is there no grammar check at all. I wish there was a little guy who would jump out and say, "Uh, are you really going to say it like that? This way would be so much cuter". But no.

Can you tell I don't get enough sleep? That is a whole nother topic. Okay, surely "nother" is not a word. Hmmmm.... Sure enough "nother" came up on spell checker.

2 comments:

Funny Farmer said...

I like the new colors!

McAfee parental controls is a pain. Tom has it on his computer and sometimes it blocks stuff for him too.

Funny Farmer said...

OH! And my kids are watching the awesome video of the December Recital and it is awesome! Thanks to you for making it all happen, and to Lorraine for recording it all so well!