It happened again! We flooded our basement...again. At least this time it was not raining from the ceiling. The water heater exploding was the culprit this time.
Actually a valve above it was the real culprit. We should have had one that looked like this and well, now we do, as well as a shiny new water heater. Our old water heater was only 5 years old and before it burst, it looked like new too. If you don't have this big round valve, you had better get one.
This pretty much shows how we all felt about another flood.
This is when we started pulling up the carpet to see how far the water actually went.
This is after we realized it flooded clear to the outside walls. Bye bye carpet pad.
Here Boston is showing you how well he helped us prop up the carpet in the dance studio to dry. Thanks to all our neighbors we had 6 or 7 fans blowing all night.
So much for a clean house. Here is all the stuff from the boys room minus the beds which were scattered somewhere else in the house.
This is our awesome neighbor Kyle Harrison. Thanks for the great deal on the new water heater and proper valve. And thank you for helping us right away. We were able to shower that night with HOT water. When faced with a trial he is the perfect person to have around. Doesn't he look like he would just brighten even the rainiest day?
And here....the silver lining. Christian actually cleaned out the drawers to his desk (which I hope we can repair good enough to get it back in after having to rip it off the wall to get to the carpet underneath).
But in the end, it's just one of those trials that you hope you will look back on and laugh.
Stay tuned to see the finished product. We will need to replace carpet pad (good thing it is cheap) and re-kick the carpet in. Oh, and special thanks to Lisa who rushed right over first thing that morning and helped me pull it all together. She ran the kids to the pool and was off to physical therapy before I thought to get out the camera. I wish I had a picture of her with that crow bar.
Reminder - Spring 2018
8 years ago

7 comments:
Oh man, That looks horrible! If its not one thing it is the other huh?? At least you have a good attitude about it:^)
Hi Amidey! I have just recently found your family's cute blog. Hope you don't mind my popping in. Yes, you definitely have a good attitude. I would be freaking out! What a mess. Hope it all gets put back together soon and good luck! It's ALWAYS something, isn't it? That way around here, too. Randi
Let me just clarify. I did not have a good attitude when if first happened. I wanted to crawl in a hole and die. I was sitting falling apart when my good friend Lisa saved me from the gutter. She spread some cheer, Kyle Harrison spread some cheer, Gary tried to spread cheer and by the afternoon I was fully functional but not initially. I freaked out! Which is funny because I didn't the last time we flooded and it was way worse. The previous day was a thrasher so I wasn't ready for this trial. When are we ever right?
I can't think of a single intelligent thing to say, except that I was glad to help, even though I really wasn't there very long and didn't do much beyond ripping apart the desk (I'll fix it, I promise!).
I think that it is easier to help someone else than be the one receiving help. Of course!--I was not the one whose basement was flooded!
Oh my gosh...I am so sorry that happened again. I don't think we are "ever right"! lol in my small experience when one trial is over another begins. It may not be as big as the last but it is still a trial. I always hated when I was told that we have something to learn from our trials. But we do! And we are better because of them. You are a good woman Amidey! One the bright side...at least it happened before your dance semester started again! :) Love you girl!
The newlywed LIVVVVVVVES! bwahahahahahahahahahahhahahahah!
This is Curtis... Sorry to see that. But I do think that it is funny. Emily and I miss hanging out with you guys. We'll have to get together soon.
Post a Comment