Saturday, November 21, 2009

Turkey Time

My turkey is in the bucket. Is yours? It should be! :-D

Here's how to do it!

10 comments:

OldBoatGuy said...

You must mean to start thawing it out!!!! Do you need spuds?

OldBoatGuy said...

Wow, that sounds good. Maybe I'll grab a sandwich when I deliver the spud. YOU DO NEED SPUDS, don't you?

Funny Farmer said...

SHe doesn't need spuds dad. But I do! I'll see if Jessica and Jen need any.

And you'll be eating the same turkey at my house if you come down here at all this weekend. I'll make turkey bone soup when you are here in December.

OldBoatGuy said...

OK.

Michele said...

I wish I could, but no it's been over 80 during the day here! lol I don't think a turkey in a bucket anywhere in florida will work! lol

Rindee said...

You're so good. I was just about to go grocery shopping to get my turkey in the bucket today, and I looked up your blog to get the recipe again. You made it oh, so convenient for me! Thanks!

Sheral Wilson said...

Um... I'm going to put mine in today... it's probably too late huh?? But, my question is - when you are roasting the bird, do you put anything inside for flavor (onions, oranges, herbs?) or is doing this enough? Oh, and if you do stuff him with stuffing, don't tell me - it scares me to bits!

Crazy Lady said...

Sheral, it is never too late. I have put onions in it, but usually nothing. Dude, stuffing IN the bird? DISCUSTING! I swear its full of raw juices. But I do make killer stuffing too. :D

Sheral Wilson said...

Does your stuffing by chance have sausage in it? Cause mine does and it's pretty dang good!
Hey, what is the recipe for the wreath thingy you talked about in the instruction post? Do you have that up on this here blog - I sound like a hick! What's wrong with me???
My turkey never fully FIT in the 5 gallon bucket - it was a 25 pounder... that's a lot of turkey for 9 people, well 8 plus Paige who pretty much thrives on Spam, Chips and chocolate milk. Anyway - it was delicious even though I overcooked it because I couldn't find the popper thing (indicator) and couldn't figure out why it was taking so dang long to cook!! Everyone ate it and we have 3 one gallon Ziploc's of left overs - oh and we had a ham too. I love those turkey bucks at Maceys! I think I paid $3 dollars for the turkey and went back the next day and got another $1.50 off the ham.
As I was saying... I'll get right to the point - we have a lot of left overs and I need a good recipe to use them up or the turkey really won't be that great of deal... you know??
Okay, I'm done now...
My verification word is "make" and I so want to type "dake" for Quynn.
Ha Ha Ha!
Good night!

Funny Farmer said...

Stuffing in the bird is the best! That's how my mom did it and amazingly enough we never had food poisoning. But I don't stuff the brined turkeys because it would be way-hay too salty!

All our turkey leftovers are GONE! boo hoo hoo.