Monday, September 15, 2008

Gratitude tag

No one tagged me, I was just having a "Woe is me day" and read this on someone's blog and thought it might cheer me up to do it.

1. If every job paid $50,000 a year, and you had no physical or mental limitations, what would you do?
I greatly enjoy being able to stay home to raise my four kids and even though it is a huge stress I think I would still teach dance. I actually think I would love it more not having to charge. I am always worried if people feel they are getting their money's worth. I would love the job I have with out so much pressure to be amazing all the time.

2. What is your current church calling? What do you like about it? What have some of your other callings been?
I have a really amazing church calling. I sit with the CTR 6 class during sharing time. Yup, that's it. Oh, and I am a visiting teacher. I keep thinking they are going to give me another calling but I think the Bishop thinks of me as a high stress person and doesn't want to contribute to the madness. Okay, that is mind reading and honestly I don't mind not having a bigger calling. I have been a young woman's teacher, relief society teacher, Sunday school teacher, nothing too big.

3. Name a person you regularly encounter (outside your family) who brightens your day.
Easy. Lisa. If you have read her blog you have at least seen a glimpse of her humor. She is just amazing and tells me I am amazing which is nice to hear once in a while. She has good days and bad days and gives me great insight and tells it to me straight. No sugar coating, that's for sure. She definitely brightens my day.

4. In twenty years, what do you think you will miss most about your life now?*
I know I will miss having kids all around but I will be in the grand kid stage of life and I am totally looking forward to that. You get to spoil them and send them home when they are rotten. I am guessing I will not still be teaching dance so I will miss that. Who knows, maybe my hips will hold out and I will be out-dancing the best of them. Go granny go!


5. What’s something you appreciate about your spouse?
He is just a big sweet teddy bear. I grew up collecting teddy bears so it is no wonder I married him. He is such a homebody. He just loves to cuddle and I love that too.

6. What is your favorite routine, household chore?
I like a clean kitchen, and I love to scrub the floors but lately my favorite household chores are folding laundry and ironing. I have learned to talk on the phone quite a bit and I love these chores because they don't make any noise and they don't make me breath hard so I can talk easier.

7. What’s a book you return to occasionally (besides the scriptures.)
Okay, I admit it. I love any of the Twilight books. I have read the first three twice. Lately I am on the phone too much to read but I wouldn't mind reading those again. I also loved Enchantment by Orson Scott Card. I plan to read that one again...someday.

8.Favorite Small Pleasure:
I love my MP3 player. Especially when no one is home and I can sing with it or dance to it all by myself. Oh dude, I am sounding odder all the time. Now you are all finding out what I really do with my day, talk on the phone and dance around like some 13 year old girl.


9. Favorite time of the day?
This is mean to say but it is as soon as the kids are off to school. I have the whole day to either get a project done or spend some time on myself. By 2 pm I am depressed again at all that I DIDN'T accomplish. But at 9 am I feel like I have all the time in the world and I can tackle anything.

10. Name a person who performed what they thought was a small act of service, but ended up being a big deal to you:
This is going to sound terribly pathetic but I am getting used to most of my life sounding that way. When Gary and I were first married we were dirt poor and there were times I didn't know what we were going to do for food and I would come home to sacks full of groceries on my doorstep. I know it was Kelly Jane, and I know to her it was probably a small amount but it made a world of difference to us. She saved our bacon many times. In fact I have learned not to let her know of our financial struggles because she would probably want to jump in and save the day once again. She has saved me in many ways and I am grateful for her friendship.

11. Name someone who somehow changed your life.
That would have to be my sweet hubby Gary. He saw me in a way no one ever had before. He made me feel like I was worth something and still makes me feel that way. He makes me want to work harder and be better.

12. Consider what you do each day. Think of one attribute or trait that you bring to your daily work that is a strength—what is something you do really well?
I like to laugh and I can laugh at myself. When you are living with me, that is a huge strength.

It is hard to say who I would tag. I know you all read this even though you rarely leave comments. I would hope everyone reading this would consider them self tagged. I learned a lot of good things about my life doing this, and yes, I have much to be grateful for.

4 comments:

Zach and Sarah said...

Great post. I am reading this AND leaving a comment. YAY FOR ME! I'm considering myself tagged and will do it soon.

Liz said...

That was a lot of fun to read. Actually, all of your posts are really funny to read. You have such a fun personality and it really shows through when I read your posts!

Amberlyn said...

I really enjoyed this post. I will consider myself tagged and try to get to it sometime in the distant future.

Funny Farmer said...

Great post! I'd like to do this too... except I tend to have a hard time answering questions like that. I'll have to give them some thought.