I have been thinking a lot lately about all the things I hate and trying to turn them around into things that I love. Here are some of the things on my list I came up with.
#1 HATE - I hate the fact that I don't have time to blog anymore. I was looking back at the first few months of my blog. I loved blogging. I love that I recorded those memories. Those posts are priceless to me and yet, why the heck does it seem I can never find the time to blog? I don't even have time to read a blog let alone write one.
#1 LOVE - I love the fact that I have a beautiful little girl who literally sucks the time and energy out of me. I love that I have 4 other kids who run me ragged. They are so amazing! I love that I have a friend who I get to see almost every day and do lots of projects with. If I have to make the choice to live life or blog about it, I choose to live it. Lately, life is so busy and so exciting I just don't have the time to document it.
#2 HATE - I hate teaching dance. It takes me away from my family and blogging and relaxing and doing whatever the heck I please every day. I have to deal with asking people to pay their bill and making up dances whether I feel like it or not. I have to be cheerful even when I don't feel like it. I am TIRED!
#2 LOVE - I have the most amazing job in the world. I spend every day dancing. Even when I am having a rotten day it never fails to cheer me up to spend that time spreading the love of dance to others. I make better money doing dance than I probably could at anything else. I get to work in my home and it keeps me in shape. I am so blessed that Heavenly Father inspires me to create what even I think are amazing dances. I LOVE teaching dance.
#3 HATE - My children drive me crazy! They argue with me and with each other. They want want want everything!!! They don't think things through and they take way too much for granted. They throw tantrums and they complain about EVERYTHING (wonder where they get that from). And yes, I blame myself for every ounce of their weaknesses.
#3 LOVE - I have the most amazing kids in the world. Christian is a 4.0 once again. He is deacon quorum president and scout troop leader (or something like that). He is just an amazing young man. Kennedy is a fire cracker! She is so good at basketball and the best babysitter ever. She loves others immensely and feels things so deeply. Scottlynn is a sweetheart and has such a tender heart. Boston cracks me up!!! That boy is just hilarious. And Quynn, well I don't have any complaints about her anyway. She is simply perfect! I hope I will get some credit in the next life for how amazing my kids are. It may be my only saving grace.
#4 HATE - I hate that my husband works so far away. AN HOUR AND A HALF ONE WAY!!! And he drives it Monday through Thursday. Then when he is home he spends a great deal of time handling work calls and fixing problems there. They keep messing up his bonus for one reason or another and it is just so frustrating and maddening!
#4 LOVE - I love that my husband has a job. Its actually a job he likes if it wasn't so far away. We have had times when he as no job at all, and I know that in this economy, it is a huge blessing that he has this job. He works hard and its honest work. He does an amazing job at providing for our family and rarely complains. I am grateful for all he does for me.
#5 HATE - I hate it that I want so much. I want EVERYTHING! I want cuter clothes. I want to go on a family vacation. I want to go overnight somewhere with my husband. I want to buy my kids cute clothes and I want to make changes to my house. I want to eat out all the time and eat on paper plates! I want to get my hair colored. I want a TV that doesn't have lines in it. I want a VCR that I can play tapes on instead of eating them. I WANT WANT WANT!!!
#5 LOVE - Oh my my! I am so very blessed. I remember when I went to China and saw how they lived. I remember thinking I will never think I don't have enough again. I have a beautiful home, so many clothes, a huge family. And who needs to eat out when you cook as good as I do? I am so grateful for everything I have. The Lord has blessed me beyond measure. And that's not even counting the non-tangible things like a husband who loves me, amazing kids, great friends and of coarse the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
#6 HATE - I hate that I feel so useless, worthless, hopeless compared to everyone else. I look at myself and see so much failure. So very much. I'm not good enough, smart enough, rich enough, righteous enough, refined enough.
#6 LOVE - Still working on this one but I know I bring things into this world that other people don't. I may not be perfect at any of it but I work hard. I do a few things right. My family home evening is still sporadic and usually lame but I do read scriptures with my kids every morning. I know that God loves me because he has given me so much and he must think I am capable because he has placed so much responsibility on me. I am learning to see that though I struggle in some areas, I am amazing in others.
#7 HATE - I hate that Quynn is growing up so fast. All my kids for that matter. It isn't fair that they just slip by so fast. I don't get enough pictures or videos of any of them. I wish I could hang on to them forever.
#7 LOVE - I am excited to see how they all turn out. I see so much potential now, I think it will be amazing to see how it all turns out.
#8 HATE - I hate medical bills!!! Dude, they are killing us!
#8 LOVE - I am so grateful for modern medicine. With out it, our life would be very different. I can tell you for sure, Christian would be dead from a ruptured appendix. Modern medicine is a miracle. Small price for a miracle really.
I cant think of much more I hate at the moment but lots more that i love.
I love modern plumbing even though at times it has been my enemy.
I love internet! And I love FaceBook for keeping me up to date on all my friends and neighbors.
I love food! Yummy!
I love good people. You know? The really good ones. People who make me feel worth something.
I love that my life has turned out better than I could ever imagine.
I love my body pillow! Dude, that thing is WONDERFUL!
I love my neighborhood and community. We are so blessed to life right here.
I love having the gospel in my life. Without it, I think I would loose all hope.
I think this is a good practice for me when I am complaining. I just need to remember my blessings. I am spoiled rotten compared to so many. In so many ways, I have the absolute best there is, and for that and so much more, I am grateful.
Reminder - Spring 2018
8 years ago

6 comments:
Thanks for inspiring me today. I needed it.
I love YOU.
Great post! :)
I need to do something like this. Great post!
I here you I am so thankful for my family and my lovely little girls who are all grown up!
Amidey, I think you are an amazing woman and that although you feel like you are poor in many material ways, you are so rich in blessings and talents. All of those things you would like to have can be obtainable some day but your family can only happen at a certain time in your life and you never know how long they will be here for. I realized this more this year than ever. We started out very poor and stayed that way for a long time. I would look at other people and feel like I must be so much less to have so many less blessings when I am trying so hard to be good. But I came to learn that isn't true. Your family is beautiful and colorful with their many talents and cute features and you are giving something to your students that most of us don't have the skills to teach. Those students look up to you as a shining example. You polish their talents and make their spirits feel bright with confidence. I know a lot of people say that I am a sap. But I really mean it. You are irreplaceable and very worthwhile for more than what you can see. If you could see how Heavenly Father feels for you, I think you would marvel at what you have the potential to become some day. We are all progressing in this life one precept at a time. God is no respecter of persons. You are just as special and beautiful and loved and wanted in his eyes as are all of his children. Even the wealthy ones, even the ones that seem like they don't have problems. Whenever I have had a priesthood blessing I can feel his love for me as the words are coming. Sometimes I feel his love when I pray or when I sing a song. Sometimes it is as I am reading scripture and something I really need just opens to me. Try those things. I am sure He wants you to know He loves you and treasures you. Love to you, Amidey! You are awesome!
Bonnie
Amidey,
I loved your post. I think you are amazing and am so grateful you are my friend!
Post a Comment