I had planned at the beginning of the football season to organize a post about Christian and his amazing football team. The first game was a bit of a shocker to say the least. We showed up on the field to find the other team in shiny amazing costumes (Gary hates that I call them costumes), with several coaches taping ankles. They were like a pro football team. They even had cheerleaders! What the heck? (The cheerleaders did however struggle a little with some of their cheers referring to taking the ball down the court. Let's hope they figure it out before high school.) 
Anyway, I quickly lost my excitement for the game when he spent about 3 minutes total on the field his first game. After speaking with his coach he did play more in subsequent games but his team struggled to say the least. I think it was about game 6 they made their first touchdown of the season. They would only make one more, but that one touchdown would win them their one and only victory.
Still he looks so grown up in all those pads.
There were actually TWO # 41's, but a mother knows her son... he is the one with the chicken legs.
Okay, here I am being an extremely devoted mother and watching the final game in the pouring rain. (I won't mention that I bailed about half way through to go to my friends and drink hot cocoa.) That umbrella has seen better days, and notice the phone stuck to me ear. Ya, that is me most of the time.

Still he looks so grown up in all those pads.
There were actually TWO # 41's, but a mother knows her son... he is the one with the chicken legs.
Okay, here I am being an extremely devoted mother and watching the final game in the pouring rain. (I won't mention that I bailed about half way through to go to my friends and drink hot cocoa.) That umbrella has seen better days, and notice the phone stuck to me ear. Ya, that is me most of the time.
GO BENGALS!

1 comments:
Well at least he is learning to be a good sport! :-) What, they have too many kids and not enough numbers? Or did they get them on discount cause they were all the same number??? hehehe Poor guys!
Post a Comment