Saturday, January 28, 2012

Thinking about the blog

This morning I am too tired and lazy to get off my rump and do anything productive.  I was up until almost 1 am with a naughty teenager and then up again at 6:30am (because Brigg was nice and slept IN that long).  Brigg of coarse went back to bed but then Quynn got up.  Who let all these kids in here anyway?

ANYWAY!  So after reading the two new posts on Facebook since last night and spending some time on Pinterest I ended up reading through some old posts on this blog. Can I just say...I MISS BLOGGING!

It was so fun.  It was an outlet for me.  It was a place I could count my blessings and rant about the inequalities of life.  A place to keep favorite recipe's and a journal of my kids big events.  I rarely have time for facebook or pinterest anymore but maybe if I cut those out completely I could post once in a while.

I don't know, it seems like a lot of people are loosing interest in blogging.  I haven't lost interest mind you, just the time to do it.  Is blogging lame?  I mean, I know its great for those people who have HUGE blogs and sponsors and its their life goal to change the world and get a spot on Good Things Utah.  Is that show even on anymore?  But for people like me... and no, I actually don't think I will ever make a grand book of my blog, is their a point?  Is it a waste of time?

I'm pretty crappy at keeping any kind of a journal.  And now a blog just feels like a journal failure on a grander scale.  If I just ramble off about life and the crazy circus I live it, is it worth it to record?  Does anyone in the world read this but me?  If not I guess I can ramble away and no one cares anyway, right?

Okay, kids are needing me off by fanny and Gary brought home donuts last night that are calling my name.

4 comments:

Jennifer Lomenick said...

I still read and am glad that you posted. I think about you every time I drive by your house to take Stefani to preschool.

Sheral Wilson said...

I still check it ... a lot.
I am lame and still blog. It's a little less than I used to, but - I do count it as journaling, so I keep doing it. I won't be asked to be on any show for my blogging skills... I'm too mean and judgmental. But, I think my kids will like to read it one day - maybe.
I'm glad you're going to blog again!!!

Daniel and Bonnie Farnsworth said...

I like to read your blog! It does seem like people are not blogging as much, but I think it is great to do. I love looking back at older posts. So keep doing it...... I like to blog just for the fact that I don't journal at all either and I feel like it is at least something to document our life and the kids' lives.

Janet/Grandma said...

I am glad you're blogging again. I love to read what is going on in your life. It makes it seem you're not so far away. Tell everyone I LOVE THEM!!!