Today I am sad. I am. I know I have so much to be grateful for, especially now, but today, today I am just sad.
We are moving.
We are leaving our home and friends and moving on. There are so many things we are leaving behind. Things we have worked so hard to build. We built this home. We were the first to live in it and hoped to be the last but now it will be home to some other family.
We leave behind the yard which we put in with our own hands and just this spring put in new beds all around the back and two big beds in the front. We planted two peach trees which I have no doubt will produce delicious fruit. I have planted squash, lettuce, strawberries, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, cantaloupe, peas, cabbage, artichokes, and more which some other family will get to enjoy.
And I will leave behind my dance students. Not just my current students but all the kids I have taught over the years who still call me Miss Amidey every time they see me. I love those kids. I will miss them tremendously.
And I think, the hardest part, I will leave behind so many wonderful friends. Not just my friends but my kid’s friends. The friends I had hoped they would graduate high school with. Friends that have the same goals and standards my kids have. Their best friends and mine.
I also leave behind a big part of civilization. Bye bye shopping mall. Bye bye Target and Sam’s Club.
Then there is my dear friend who I spend part of almost every day with. We can still talk on the phone and chat on computer. We can visit each other. But we can’t plant our gardens together. We can’t cook dinner together everyday. I guess there is no need to plan our meals the same. L I can’t borrow a pound of hamburger when I am out or a carton of sour cream from her.
This is what I wrote this morning, trying to clear my head.
Fast forward four hours later (after attending Sarah Bradshaw’s lesson on gratitude).
How grateful I am for seven years of living in this beautiful home and neighborhood.
How thrilled I am that over the past two years I have had an amazing friend that has taught me an amazing amount about gardening, to the point that I actually think I might be able to do it again on my own.
How blessed I have been part of the lives of so many little children and be able to share with them the love of dance. These are people I will love forever and hope fate may bump us into each other from time to time.
I am so very very VERY grateful that my kids have had seven years with the best friends a kid could have. They have helped to mold the people that they are and establish some goals for the future. They have taught them it is fun and very cool to do what is right.
I am so blessed for a dear friend who reminds me that this opportunity is a huge blessing for my family and supports us fully in this decision even though I know it will affect her life as well.
The bottom line is, I am grateful. My heart is breaking only because the Lord has blessed me immensely the past seven years and I hate to leave it all behind. I know there are blessings in my future. I am excited for the new adventure. Okay, so there is no mall, but they have the most amazing outdoor activities, something that our family has really gotten into the past year. I can still shop on the internet! Thank goodness for technology! And blogs! And Facebook!!!
Oh, btw, where are we moving you ask?
VERNAL,
Say anything negative about the place and I will have to come KICK YOUR TRASH!!!
That is all. Oh, and btw, THANKS SARAH! :-)

4 comments:
What!?!?!? It's awesome that you are moving somewhere with not only great outdoor activities but a temple right there in town. Amazing! But I will miss you and your family. I'm dropping a small bday gift off tomorrow so I'll ask you more details then.
Sarah
p.s. Happiness is . . . :)
Amidey, Moving is always hard! And I consider myself a professional at this point (12 moves in 15 years). I am excited for you to start a new chapter. I am sad for all that you will leave behind. I wish you luck and happiness as you begin this new adventure for your family. I try to look at moving as an adventure and that seems to help ease some of the stress and sadness. I've heard some good things about Vernal... dinosaurs were involved :) Take care and I'll look forward to more posts on this new chapter. Good luck. xoxo, Wendy
Your kids will do fine! They're super friendly. I moved every couple years growing up (Army Brat). They'll have each other. I'll miss seeing Quinn and her giant flowers in front of us every Sunday. It was such a joyful picture. Best of luck!
Amidey, I'm sad that you're sad. I understand. I still can't think about the day that Shaylin said goodbye to Scottlynn without getting teary. Change is hard.
But it's good. It brought our family closer. It made us stronger and happier. And it taught my children that there were people who needed them. People who were praying for friends just like them. What a great lesson - to feel needed, to be an answer to a prayer.
Your family will do great. And one day you'll look back on this and see the Lord's hands all over it. And you'll be happy again.
I'm happy that you'll be closer to us. :)
Post a Comment